Mock interviewing is a program set up to help students prepare for job, internship or graduate school interviews. Set up an appointment to develop and polish interviewing skills. Sit down in an actual interview setting and answer those questions you know you are going to be asked. You'll receive feedback and suggestions on how to make sure you can nail that interview!
Contact the Career Planning Office at (610) 606-4648 from off campus and x4648 from on campus to set up an appointment.
Before heading into your next interview, spend 30 minutes using our newest technology: InterviewStream!
Practice makes Perfect!
You've heard it said so many times. Making an excellent first impression is essential for a strong interview. This includes your appearance, your timeliness, but most importantly, your interviewing skills! Take a look at what happens to a few students who didn't prepare for their interview: http://www.ummlike.com/. Don't let this happen to you!
You can stop into the Career Planning Center or sign up ahead of time to use this interactive online video-based practice interviewing tool. Have a webcam? You can even conduct an interview right now! This tool provides feedback and tips of non-verbal behavior and communication missteps, plus it's very helpful for objective Counselor assessment.
To get started:
- Go to http://cedarcrest.interviewstream.com/
- Click "CREATE ACCOUNT"
- Complete a short profile and choose your own username and password.
- You can either:
- Conduct a virtual interview (you must have a computer with a webcam)
- Schedule a virtual interview (conducted in our office)
- If you have already registered with InterviewStream prior to the interview, please log in using that information. If you have not registered, please choose the "Create Account" option.
- Adjust the webcam on top and volume on the right side of the computer screen before beginning the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you a question and you can then respond. When finished with your response, click the mouse and it will stop recording.
- After each question, you can either "Retry" the response, "Skip" and come back to the question, "Review" to see your response, or choose "OK" to move on.
- When the interview is complete, you will receive an email with a link to view your responses and you are then able to email your interview to a career counselor to review and give feedback
Last Updated: 7/28/11